Determination of Residual Stresses by Thermal Relaxation and Speckle Correlation Interferometry [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new technique for the measurement of residual stresses is presented. The technique is based on strain measurements following thermal stress relaxation. The heat input is supplied by a low power infrared laser and the strain is measured with speckle pattern correlation interferometry. This paper presents a comprehensive overview of the technique and an example of how it has been applied in a practical situation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:wsrc-ms-2001-00301
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Strain ISSN 0039-2103; STRABB FT
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14448451