HEU Holdup Measurements in 321-M B and Spare U-Al Casting Furnaces [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Savannah River Site, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Analytical Development Section of Savannah River Technology Center (SRTC) was requested by the Facilities Decontamination Division (FDD) to determine the holdup of enriched uranium in the 321-M facility as part of an overall deactivation project of the facility. The 321-M facility was used to fabricate enriched uranium fuel assemblies, lithium-aluminum target tubes, neptunium assemblies, and miscellaneous components for the production reactors. This report covers holdup measurements in two uranium aluminum alloy (U-Al) casting furnaces. Our results indicate an upper limit of 235U content for the B and Spare furnaces of 51 and 67 g respectively. This report discusses the methodology, non-destructive assay (NDA) measurements, and results of the uranium holdup on the two furnaces.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:wsrc-tr-2001-00535
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 04/30/2002 - 04/30/2002
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14449034