On the expansion for surface displacement in the neighborhood of a crack tip [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- It is shown that in the expansion of the crack opening displacement vs distance from the tip, there is no linear term present. This should lead to improved accuracy of the near tip fields and improved stress intensity factor results. The two-dimensional discussion should be able to be carried over to three dimensions.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
IABEM `95: international symposium on boundary element methods, No City Given, HI (United States), Jul 1995.
Gray, L.J.; Paulino, G.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14449372