Torsion Testing of Diffusion Bonded LIGA Formed Nickel [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A test technique has been devised which is suitable for the testing of the bond strength of batch diffusion bonded LIGA or DXRL defined structures. The method uses a torsion tester constructed with the aid of LIGA fabrication and distributed torsion specimens which also make use of the high aspect ratio nature of DXRL based processing. Measurements reveal achieved bond strengths of 130MPa between electroplated nickel with a bond temperature of 450 C at 7 ksi pressure which is a sufficiently low temperature to avoid mechanical strength degradation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand99-0228c
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Materials Research Society Fall Meeting; Boston, MA; 11/30-12/04/1998.
Christenson, T.R.; Schmale, D.T.; Buchheit, T.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14449771