Implications of Hund`s second rule for the insulating behavior of FeO and CoO [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A formal expression for Hund`s second rule correlations is applied to energy band calculations for FeO, CoO, and NiO. In all 3 cases, insulating gaps are found, in contrast to standard band calculations, where an insulating gap is only found for NiO. The calculated orbital moments, though, are too large, due to the correction being based on the atomic limit. 2 tabs, 12 refs.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1990., "anl/msd/pp--71896", "DE94008126", and Norman, M.R.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 11/01/1990 - 11/01/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14454236