Magneto-optical studies of ultrathin ferromagnetic films [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 15 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The focus of this paper is on surface magnetic anisotropy of 3d ferromagnetic transition metals. While the exchange interaction is responsible for the net magnetization associated with ferromagnetism, it is the magnetic anisotropy energetics that determine the direction of that magnetization with respect to the crystallographic axes and to the shape of the sample.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Resolution electron microscopy workshop,Wickenburg, AZ (United States),8-11 Jan 1992.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14455341