Effect of areal power density and relative humidity on corrosion resistant container performance [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The impact of the rewetting process on the performance of waste containers at the Yucca Mountain repository is analyzed. This paper explores the impact of the temperature-humidity relationships on pitting corrosion failure of stainless steel containers for different areal power densities (APDs)in the repository. It compares the likely performance of containers in a repository with a low APD, 55 Kw/acre, and a high APD, 110 kW/acre.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1994., "ucrl-jc--119119", " conf-950570--9", "DE95006433", International high-level radioactive waste management conference: progress toward understanding, Las Vegas, NV (United States), 1-5 May 1995., and Gansemer, J.D.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14455699