Infrared spectroscopic, x-ray, and nanoscale characterization of strontium titanate thin films [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Attenuated total reflectance (ATR) measurements were performed using Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy in the ATR mode with a thallium iodobromide (KRS-5) crystal to measure the frequencies of the v₃ and v₄ phonon absorption bands in thin Sr titanate films deposited on single-crystal Y-Ba Cu oxide (YBCO), La aluminate, Mg oxide, and Sr titanate substrates. The KRS-5 crystal enabled FTIR-ATR measurements at frequencies above 400 cm⁻¹. Atomic force microscopy (AFM) and x-ray diffraction (XRD) measurements were also made to further characterize the films. The measurements were repeated on single-crystal specimens of Sr titanate and the substrates for comparison. Softening in the frequency of the v₄ transverse optical phonon in the lattice-mismatched films below the established value of 544 cm⁻¹ is indicative of the highly textured, polycrystalline ceramic nature of the films and is consistent with the XRD and AFM results.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nrel/tp--413-21405
E 1.99: conf-9603173--9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Rencontres de Moriond: QCD and high energy hadronic interactions meeting, Les Arcs (France), 23-30 Mar 1996.
Dalberth, M; Webb, J D; Moutinho, H R; Kazmerski, L L; Mueller, C H; Rivkin, T V; Treece, R E; Rogers, C T.
National Renewable Energy Lab., Golden, CO (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14456601