A study of mechanical processing damage in brittle materials. Annual progress report, April 1, 1990--March 31, 1991 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The authors continued research on the detection and sizing of surface and bulk defects in hot pressed silicon nitride bearing balls. Two methods were used for these studies: (1) continuation of the application of acoustic microscopy, and (2) a novel technique based on measuring the mechanical quality factor of spherical resonances of the bearing ball.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 04/01/1991., "doe/er/45157--t6", "DE95002125", Khuri-Yakub, B.T., and Stanford Univ., CA (United States). Edward L. Ginzton Lab.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/1990 - 12/31/1991
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14456937