Selection of candidate container materials for the conceptual waste package design for a potential high level nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 135 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Preliminary selection criteria have been developed, peer-reviewed, and applied to a field of 41 candidate materials to choose three alloys for further consideration during the advanced conceptual design phase of waste package development for a potential high level nuclear waste repository at Yucca Mountain, Nevada. These three alloys are titanium grade 12, Alloy C-4, and Alloy 825. These selections are specific to the particular conceptual design outlined in the Site Characterization Plan. Other design concepts that may be considered in the advanced conceptual design phase may favor other materials choices.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 02/01/1993., "ucrl-id--112058", "DE93008757", and Van Konynenburg, R.A.; McCright, R.D.; Gdowski, G.E.; Halsey, W.G.; Clarke, W.L. Jr.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14457547