Effect of strain and strain rate on residual microstructures in copper [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Several specimens of OFE Cu were deformed in compression to study the resulting microstructures at equivalent levels of threshold stress and strain. Equiaxed, diffuse dislocation cells are more persistent in Cu when tested at strain rates exceeding 10/sup 3/ sec/sup -1/. At quasi-static strain rates, dislocation collapse into more distinct, narrow microbands occurs at lower strain levels.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Annual joint meeting of the Electron Microscopy Society of America and the Microbeam Analysis Society, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 10 Aug 1986.
Stevens, M.F.; Follansbee, P.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14457987