Electronic and magnetic properties of transition-metal surfaces, interfaces and overlayers [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1984. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Results of calculations for the electronic and magnetic properties of transition-metal surfaces, interfaces and overlayers are presented for a variety of systems. They involve Ni, Co, Fe and Cr in a diversity of forms, including alloys, metastable configurations, and overlayers on nonmagnetic metals. The overall behavior of these systems can be interpreted in terms of four qualitative rules which are presented, analyzed, and illustrated.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1984., "lbl-18209", " conf-840821-1", "DE84016886", 1. international conference on the structure of surfaces (ICSOS), Berkeley, CA, USA, 13 Aug 1984., and Tersoff, J.; Falicov, L.M.; Victora, R.H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14458254