Grain boundaries in complex oxides [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A quantitative comparison was achieved between space charge theory and segregation at grain boundaries in the model system TiO[sub 2]. The ionic space charge can be titrated from negative to positive potential. A space charge model was developed that includes the lattice defect chemistry. Defect formation energies in the Frenkel pair for TiO[sub 2] were studied. Grain boundary enthalpy was measured during coarsening. It was shown that it is the barium vacancy that forms near surfaces in donor-doped BaTiO[sub 3] electroceramics during oxidative-cooling.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14458525