Synthesis of MDIPA, an aromatic diamine curative for polyurethane adhesives. Final report [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 28 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The compound 4,4'-methylene bis-(2,6-diisopropylaniline), or MDIPA, has shown good thermal stability, high butt tensile strength, and excellent compatibility with salt when used as a curative for LLL's Halthane 87 prepolymer. Laboratory-scale synthesis of MDIPA by condensation of commercially-available 2,6-diisopropylaniline and formaldehyde has been accomplished, using the amine sulfate as an intermediate. Polymer Pilot Plant scale-up has been achieved; kilogram quantities at acceptable purity levels (98+ percent) have been produced.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bdx-613-2509
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Bendix Corp., Kansas City, MO (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14458698