[Elemental and multilayer large moment thin film ferromagnets] [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (6 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of Wisconsin--Madison, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- 2-D and 3-D electronic states of Gd(0001) films lose long-range magnetic order in qualitatively different ways. A close relation was deduced between the defect density of Gd(0001) films and the initial state electronic density of states. The magnetic linear dichroism technique (p-level anisotropy) was established on more firm theoretical basis; the film thickness limitation was determined of the Ginzburg-Landau analysis employed. Co/Pd multilayers were fabricated using MOCVD; the layers exhibited magnetization density values 50% larger than previous literature values.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/45319-4
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14458923