Palladium deposited on kieselguhr (Pd/K) for the Replacement Tritium Facility (RTF) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (16 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Palladium deposited on kieselguhr (Pd/K) will be used for several applications in the Replacement Tritium Facility (RTF). The Pd/K procured for the RTF consists of three batches. All three batches meet the specified particle size distribution that 80 weight percent be between 30 and 50 mesh. One batch contains 53.6% palladium which is less than the specified minimum of 55%. Another batch has a chlorine content of 311 ppm which is slightly in excess of the specified maximum of 250 ppm. These nonconformances are not considered significant since batches will be blended to yield Pd/K for the RTF that meets the chlorine specification and has acceptable palladium content. Some of the Pd/K procured for the RTF will be heat treated to strengthen the particles against breakdown during use. Heat treating parameters must be determined that will preserve the desired absorption/desorption behavior of the Pd/K. 8 refs., 7 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Department of Energy conference on electron microscopy, Livermore, CA (United States), 23-25 Oct 1991.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14459525