Apical Cu-O bond in YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 7-[delta]] superconductors by XAFS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (5 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Careful Cu K-edge X-ray absorption fine structure (XAFS) measurements on oriented powders of YBa[sub 2]CU[sub 3]O[sub 7[minus]] were made as a function of temperature, of [delta], [Tc] method of preparation and grain size. The XAFS data were analyzed for the Cu(1) - O(4) apical bond distance distribution. AU samples indicated evidence for a double-peak in the distribution with a splitting of 0.1[Angstrom], with the clearest case for the [delta] [approx] 0 samples occurring for the [Tc] = 89K 20[mu]m grain samples and the least clear one for the 5[mu]m grain [Tc] = 93K sample. There is no significant temperature dependence of the splitting. Because the XAFS evidence for the splitting depends on a small signal, it is prudent to verify its existence by other independent measurements.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. Israeli international conference on high T/sub c/ superconductivity, Elat (Israel), 4-7 Jan 1993.
Maeda, H. . Dept. of Chemistry; Stern, E.A.; Qian, M. . Dept. of Physics; Heald, S.M.; Yacoby, Y. . Racah Inst. of Physics.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14459679