Electronic structure studies of YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub x](6. 2 [le] x [le] 6. 9) using angle resolved photoemission [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (49 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
National Science Foundation (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Using high resolution angle resolved photoemission, the electronic structure of YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub x] is examined when oxygen stoichiometries are varied in the range 6.2 [le] [times] [le] 6.9. Detailed measurements of the Fermi surface for YBa[sub 2]Cu[sub 3]O[sub 6.9] are presented and are compared with predictions of band theory. In the metallic region of the phase diagram, changes in the Fermi surfaces are measured as a function of oxygen stoichiometry. The electronic structure is monitored as the oxide changes from a metal to a semiconductor with additional oxygen depletion. For intermediate stoichiometries, effects of oxygen vacancy ordering are considered. Unusual resonant effects observed at several photon energies are examined as oxygen content is varied.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
": DMR 8809854(RL)"
10. international Summer Institute in Surface Science (ISISS) meeting, Milwaukee, WI (United States), 29 Jun - 2 Jul 1992.
Downey, J.W.; Olson, C.G.; Veal, B.W.; Paulikas, A.P.; Joyce, J.J.; Arko, A.J.; Liu, Rong; Koelling, D.D.; Blythe, R.; Shi, Hao Missouri Univ., Kansas City, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14459698