Assessment of ceramic composites for MMW space nuclear power systems [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Oak Ridge National Laboratory, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Proposed multimegawatt nuclear power systems which operate at high temperatures, high levels of stress, and in hostile environments, including corrosive working fluids, have created interest in the use of ceramic composites as structural materials. This report assesses the applicability of several ceramic composites in both Brayton and Rankine cycle power systems. This assessment considers an equilibrium thermodynamic analysis and also a nonequilibrium assessment. (FI)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
4. symposium on space nuclear power systems, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 12 Jan 1987.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14460192