Magnetization density in paramagnetic UGe/sub 3 [electronic resource].
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1979.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The magnetization density was measured in the actinide intermetallic compound UGe/sub 3/ (cubic AuCu/sub 3/ structure). The induced moment at 4.2/sup 0/K with H (applied) = 48 k0e is 0.012 ..mu../sub B//mole. The most significant result is that a small positive moment of approx. 0.0018 ..mu../sub B/ is induced at and near the Ge site, which is unusual because elemental Ge is diamagnetic. The spin density at the Ge site is highly aspherical, showing the nature of the bonding with the uranium wave functions.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:conf-790877-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International conference on neutron scattering and magnetism, Julich, F.R. Germany, 29 Aug 1979.
Lander, G.H.; Brown, P.J.; Reddy, J.F.; Delapalme, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14460323