Metallography of maraging 350 steel [electronic resource].
- Miamisburg, Ohio : Monsanto Research Corporation, 1987.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Monsanto Research Corporation
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A technique for etching maraging 350 steel with Glyceregia is described. Surface activation procedures are integral to this technique. Microstructural features revealed by this technique are compared with those obtained with Kalling's reagent, Fry's reagent, and 5% Nital, three etchants commonly used to reveal microstructures of maraging steels. Features which may be simultaneously revealed using Glyceregia include prior austenite grain boundaries, martensitic structure, precipitates, titanium carbo-nitrides, and reverted austenite. The other etchants examined in this investigation typically reveal only a few of the microstructural features detailed above at any one time. 11 refs., 10 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
International Metallurgical Society symposium, Monterey, CA, USA, 27 Jul 1987.
Merten, C.W.; Hutson, S.M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14461167