Redistribution of ruthenium in UO/sub 2/ in a temperature gradient [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : University of California, Berkeley, 1981.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 25 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- University of California, Berkeley and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The redistribution of Ru in UO/sub 2/ in a thermal gradient is substantial, with Ru moving up the temperature gradient. The apparent heat of transport of Ru in UO/sub 2/ is negative. This is believed to be the same mechanism which causes fission product Ru to redistribute in oxide fuels. The tungsten crucible reduces stoichiometric urania, and the oxygen in UO/sub 2/ under steep temperature gradient moves down the temperature. The heat of transport of oxygen vacancy in UO/sub 2/ is -138 +- 53 KJ/mole.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl-12193
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Olander, D.R.; Zhou, S.Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14461458