Miners-Iron test of optical fibers [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 5 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An experiment is described in which a number of optical fibers will be exposed to nuclear radiation in the Miners-Iron event at the Nevada Test Site. Two polymer clad silicon fibers and a borosilicate clad fiber will experience a dose of several Mrads, while a second set will experience about 0.1 Mrad. Attenuation and luninescence experiments are planned. Optic fibers will also be used for cables. (FS)
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand-80-0554c
E 1.99: conf-800307-6
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Fiber optic in the nuclear environment symposium, Adelphi, MD, USA, 25 Mar 1980.
Hohlfelder, J.J.; Allen, J.W.; Dolce, S.R.; Machin, E.D.; HEckman, R.C.
Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14461648