Characterization and bulk properties of oxides [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 27 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The bulk properties of oxides are divided into two classes, intrinsic properties which depend solely on the identity of the material, and extrinsic ones, which differ for different samples of the same compound. Sources of tabulated numerical values of intrinsic properties are given and modern developments in information storage and retrieval are discussed. Extrinsic properties are shown to depend on defects and trace impurities in the samples. Techniques of trace impurity analysis are discussed and realistic limits of detection and accuracies are given for routine analyses.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/1979., "conf-790688-1", NATO advanced study institute physics and chemistry of refactory oxides, Aleria, Corsica, France, 17 Jun 1979., and Sonder, E; Connolly, T F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14461785