Novel measurement of proton distribution and site energies in metal hydrides [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 9 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The low temperature electron spin resonance (ESR) spectrum of dilute Er in ScH/sub x/ and YH/sub x/ powders contains distinct signals which are due to the presence of octahedral as well as tetrahedral protons in the vicinity of the Er ions. The occupation probability for the octahedral protons is determined from the ESR signal intensities, and its variation with hydrogen-to-metal ratio x is explained by a lattice-gas calculation, yielding information about bulk proton distribution and relative site energies in these materials.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1979., "sand-79-0783c", " conf-790518-3", 10. US/UK symposium on neutron generators, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 21 May 1979., Venturini, E.L.; Richards, P.M., and Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14461938