Approach to ferromagnetism in amorphous Ni--P--B alloys [electronic resource].
- Pasadena, Calif. : California Institute of Technology, 1976.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 16 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- California Institute of Technology
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Magnetization was measured between 1.7 and 300/sup 0/K in fields up to 70 kOe on splat-cooled Ni--P--B amorphous alloys in the critical concentration range for the appearance of ferromagnetism. The onset of ferromagnetism is attributed to interactions between giant moments. For the composition range investigated, the magnetic contribution is arising mainly from moments of 5 to 6 ..mu../sub B/ with a Kondo-type characteristic temperature of 1/sup 0/K.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Durand, J.; Amamou, A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14462579