Metastability of alpha plutonium [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1963.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- General Electric Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The metastability of alpha plutonium above the α ⇌ β equilibrim transformation temperature (112 C) was studied by metallographic techniques. The purpose of this study was to extend the previous work on the α → β transformation which was accomplished using fluid displacement techniques¹ and to obtain a basis for determining the length of time the alpha phase is stable at high temperatures. Approximate isothermal reaction curves were determined experimentally and an α → β time- temperature-transformation (T-T-T) curve was derived.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 01/01/1963 - 01/01/1963
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14462972