Beyond stereotypes : American Jews and sports / Bruce Zuckerman, editor ; Ari F. Sclar, guest editor ; Lisa Ansell, associate editor
- West Lafayette, Indiana : Published by the Purdue University Press for the USC Casden Institute for the Study of the Jewish Role in American Life, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 148 pages : portraits ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Zuckerman, Bruce
Sclar, Ari F.
- The Jewish role in American life : an annual review of the Casden Institute for the Study of the Jewish Role in American Life ; volume 12
- A stack of Jewish baseball cards : some thoughts on Jews and the roles they have played in the major leagues / Joseph Dorinson -- Racial attitudes toward Jews in the "Negro Leagues" : the case of Effa Manley / Rebecca Alpert -- American Jewish women on the court : seeking an identity in tennis in the early decades of the twentieth century / Linda J. Borish -- Answering to a different authority in sports : the trials of coach Jonathan Halpert and the limits of Yeshiva University's athletic success in basketball / Jeffrey S. Gurock -- "The disadvantage far outweights the benefits" : how the rise and fall of "the Jewish game" at the 92nd Street YMHA exemplified Jewish conceptions of athleticism / Ari F. Sclar -- From suburbanites to sabras and back : how Jewish Americans established lacross in Israel / Neil Kramer.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 14464705