Donde queda el Ecuador? : exilio en un país desconocido desde 1938 hasta fines de los años cincuentas / [María-Luise Kreuter] ; traducido del alemán por Birte Pedersen
- Kreuter, Maria-Luise
- Uniform Title:
- Wo liegt Ecuador? Spanish
- Quito, Ecuador : Abya-Yala, 1997.
- 1. ed.
- Physical Description:
- 361 pages, 24 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, map ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pederson, Birte
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Colección Tierra incógnita ; 24
- "Valuable study of Jewish refugees in Ecuador emphasizes those who, unlike members of the intellectual and scientific community, escaped from Europe late and had fewer options for host countries. Sources include 40 volumes of Quito's Jewish newspaper, published and unpublished work by the refugees, and 50 extensive interviews. Concentrates on immigrants' professional and social acculturation; their contributions to Ecuador; their cultural, religious, and social organizations; and relations within the Jewish community, with gentile victims of the Nazi regime, and with the existing German colony"--Handbook of Latin American Studies, v. 58.
- 1900 - 1999
- Jewish refugees—Ecuador—History—20th century
- Jews—Ecuador—History—20th century
- Germans—Ecuador—History—20th century
- Emigration and immigration
- Jewish refugees
- Ecuador—Emigration and immigration—History—20th century
- Germany—Emigration and immigration—History—20th century
- 9978043454 and 9789978043455
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 341-361).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the The Hastings Libraries Endowment; 2014
View MARC record | catkey: 14464810