Human rights and the Third World : issues and discourses / edited by Subrata Sankar Bagchi and Arnab Das
- Lanham : Lexington Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (420 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Bagchi, Subrata Sankar, 1965- and Das, Arnab, 1963-
- Universal claim and postcolonial realities : the deep unease over western-centered human rights standards in the global South / Marie-Luisa Frick -- Progressive realization of the right to development in India / Clarence J. Dias -- Development and environmental issues vis-à-vis current perspectives of human rights / Aniruddha Mukhopadhyay and Sayan Bhattacharya -- Human rights and corruption : the case of political corruption and opposition to human rights in Indonesia / Agus Wahyudi -- Human rights and indigenous self-government : the Taiwanese experience / Scott Simon and Awi Mona (Chih-Wei Tsai) -- Colonial continuities, neoliberal-hegemony and adivasi (original dweller) space : human rights as paradox and equivocation in contexts of dispossession in India / Dip Kapoor -- Hindutva politics : impact on human rights / Ram Puniyani -- Human rights violations in India : exploring the societal roots of marginality / Debi Chatterjee -- Media, cultural rights and the Third World / Pranta Pratik Patnaik -- The fault lines in Soviet-style accommodation of minority rights in Ethiopia / Semahagn Gashu -- Human rights and the Third World other / Subrata Sankar Bagchi -- Culture and issues of rights to the eyes of the Indians with "other" self-identities of sexuality and gender / Arnab Das and Pawan Dhall -- Roots and shoots of female feticide in pockets of India : lending voice to the voiceless / Tushar Kanti Saha -- The rights of people living with disability in the Third World context : the Zimbabwean pentecostal concept of "curses and blessings" in the light of disability / Francis Machingura -- The Indian disability rights paradigm : the reality versus rhetoric / Anuradha Saibaba Rajesh -- "People's health in people's hand" : story of a voluntary organization in rural West Bengal / Satyabrata Chakrborty -- Human rights and information society : problematizing India / Dipankar Sinha -- Biotechnology and human rights / Subhasis Mukhopadhyay.
- 9780739177365 (electronic bk.)
0739177362 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14465062