What makes the wind blow? [videorecording] / Encyclopaedia Britannica Films ; American Geological Institute
- Chicago : Encyclopaedia Britannica Educational Corp., 
- Copyright Date:
- 1988 revision.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (12 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in. +. + 1 guide
- Additional Creators:
- Encyclopaedia Britannica Educational Corporation
American Geological Institute
- AGI/EBE earth science program ; no. 4239
- Investigates the nature of wind by means of outdoor observations and simple laboratory experiments. Looks at a typical onshore sea breeze and discovers that pressure differences are found to be associated with normal daytime air movements. Also provides explanations for violent windstorms that blow offshore.
- Original issued in 1965.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Collaborator, John S. Shelton.
View MARC record | catkey: 1464230