The Famous Cronycle of the Warre which the Romayns had Agaynst Iugurth, Usurper of the Kyngdome of Numidy : Alexander Barclay's translation of Sallust's Bellum Iugurthinum / edited by Greg Waite
- Sallust, 86 B.C.-34 B.C.
- Uniform Title:
- Bellum Jugurthinum. English
- Additional Titles:
- Sallust's Jugurthine War
- Oxford, United Kingdom : Published for the Early English Text Society by the Oxford University Press, 2014.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- lxxxix, 361 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Barclay, Alexander, 1475?-1552
Waite, Gregory, 1954-
Early English Text Society
- Early English Text Society. Original series ; 344
- Introduction -- Life and career of Alexander Barclay -- Sallust, his Opera, and their reception in the Middle Ages and Renaissance -- Selected list of Sallust editions to 1521 -- Barclay's sources and his use of commentaries -- Translation method and style -- The texts of the translation -- Plan of the present edition -- The famous Cronycle of the warre which the Romayns had agaynst Iugurth, usurper of the Kyngdome of Numidy -- Preface to Thomas Paynell's Edition of 1557 -- Soldus's summary of the Bellum Iugurthunum, as reproduced by Ascensius -- Selected passages for the commentaries of Soldus and Ascensius.
- 9780199688197 (acid-free paper)
0199688192 (acid-free paper)
- Translated from the Latin.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 14651558