Happiness and virtue ethics in business : the ultimate value proposition / Alejo José G. Sison
- Sison, Alejo G.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 301 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction : the ultimate value proposition -- Modern happiness studies and "individual subjective wellbeing" : you only get what you measure -- Happiness and income : how much happiness can money buy? -- Choice, desire, and pleasure : is happiness getting what you want or wanting what you get? -- The biotechnology of happiness : not just a "quick fix" -- Working on happiness -- Happiness, politics, and religion : now and at the hour of our death -- Aristotelian virtue ethics : the forgotten philosophical tradition on happiness -- Conclusion : learning to be happy.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Edwin G. Ernst, Sr. Memorial Libraries Endowment; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Edwin G. Ernst, Sr. Memorial Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 14651869