Occam's Razor and Petascale Visual Data Analysis [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 2009. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- One of the central challenges facing visualization research is how to effectively enable knowledge discovery. An effective approach will likely combine application architectures that are capable of running on today?s largest platforms to address the challenges posed by large data with visual data analysis techniques that help find, represent, and effectively convey scientifically interesting features and phenomena.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/12/2009., "lbnl-2210e", Journal of Physics Conference Series FT, Bell, John; Weber, Gunther; Hamann, Bernd; Wu, Kesheng; Jacobsen, Janet; Bethel, E. Wes; Silva, Claudio; Ahern, Sean; Geddes, Cameron; Joy, Ken; Day, Marc; Johnson, Chris; Pascucci, Valerio; Childs, Hank; Hansen, Charles; Meredith, Jeremy; Ostrouchov, George; Sanderson, Allen; Rubel, Oliver; Hagen, Hans; Messmer, Peter; Bremer, Peer-Timo; Whitlock, Brad; Garth, Christoph; Ushizima, Daniela; Cormier-Michel, Estelle; Pugmire, David; Deines, Eduard; Fogal, Tom; Kruger, Jens; Potter, Kristi; Prabhat, D., and Computational Research Division
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14654260