Newly Available Reactor Physics Benchmark data in the March 2011 Edition of the IRPhEP Handbook [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho National Laboratory, United States. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The International Reactor Physics Experiment Evaluation Project (IRPhEP) was established to preserve integral reactor physics experimental data, including separate or special effects data for nuclear energy and technology applications. Numerous experiments that have been performed worldwide, represent a large investment of infrastructure, expertise, and cost, and are valuable resources of data for present and future research. These valuable assets provide the basis for recording, development, and validation of methods. If the data are compromised, it is unlikely that any of these measurements would be repeated in the future. The purpose of the IRPhEP is to provide an extensively peer-reviewed set of reactor physics-related integral data that can be used by reactor designers and safety analysts to validate the analytical tools used to design next-generation reactors and establish the safety basis for operation of these reactors. Contributors from around the world collaborate in the evaluation and review of selected benchmark experiments for inclusion in the International Handbook of Evaluated Reactor Physics Benchmark Experiments (IRPhEP Handbook). Several new evaluations have been prepared for inclusion in the March 2011 edition of the IRPhEP Handbook.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:inl/con-10-20646
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
American Nuclear Society: 2011 Annual Meeting,The Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, Florida, USA,06/26/2011,06/30/2011.
John D. Bess; J. Blair Briggs; Jim Gulliford.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14654406