The AWM-SIAM Sonia Kovalesvky Lecture - 3 part Lecture Series [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) in cooperation with the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) and with funding from the Department of Energy initiated a new lecture series. The purpose of the lecture series is to increase the visibility of women who have made significant contributions in applied or computational mathematics. The AWM-SIAM Sonia Kovalevsky Lecture is presented at the SIAM Annual Meeting which is a national conference. The lecturer is a woman who has made distinguished contributions in applied or computational mathematics. The lecturer is determined by the Selection Committee which consists of two members of AWM and two members of SIAM, appointed by the presidents of these organizations. The committee may solicit nominations from other members of the scientific and engineering community. The lectureship may be awarded to any woman in the scientific or engineering community.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/er/25559-3
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
SIAM/CAIMS Annual Meeting (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics and Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, June 20, 2003 SIAM Annual Meeting, Portland, OR, July 13, 2004.
Lewis, Jennifer; Lenhart, Suzanne.
Association for Women in Mathematics, Inc., Fairfax, VA
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14654430