Calendar Year 2002 Groundwater Monitoring Data Evaluation Report for the U.S. Department of Energy Y-12 National Security Complex, Oak Ridge, Tennessee [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 213 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge Y-12 Plant
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of the Assistant Secretary for Defense Programs
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report addresses the evaluation of groundwater and surface water monitoring data obtained at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Y-12 National Security Complex (Y-12) during calendar year (CY) 2002. Provisions of DOE Order 5400.1 (General Environmental Protection Program) require the evaluation of monitoring data to determine: (1) the quality of groundwater and surface water in areas that are (or could be) affected by Y-12 operations, (2) the quality of groundwater and surface water in areas where contaminants from Y-12 are most likely to migrate beyond the DOE Oak Ridge Reservation (ORR) property line, and (3) long-term trends in the quality of groundwater at Y-12. Section 2 (Background Information) of this report provides the overall hydrogeologic context for the respective monitoring data evaluations presented in Section 3 (Surveillance Monitoring Data Evaluation), Section 4 (Exit Pathway/Perimeter Monitoring Data Evaluation), and Section 5 (Groundwater Quality Trend Evaluation). The significant findings of each data evaluation are summarized in Section 6 (Conclusions and Recommendations) and Section 7 (References) lists the technical reports and documents cited for more detailed information. Referenced illustrations (maps and trend graphs) and data tables are presented in Appendix A and Appendix B, respectively.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Elvado Environmental LLC for Environment.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 09/30/2003 - 09/30/2003
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14655239