Sandia National Laboratories/New Mexico Facilities and Safety Information Document [NOTE [electronic resource] : Volume 1, Chapters 6 through 10].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 190 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Operations at the Neutron Generator Facility include fabrication of war reserve neutron generators and prototype switch tubes. Neutron generators initiate nuclear fission in a nuclear weapon by providing a flux of neutrons at the proper time. The mission of the Neutron Generator Facility is to support U.S. nuclear deterrent capabilities by fabricating war reserves of the following: Neutron generators (external initiators for nuclear weapons); Neutron tubes; and Prototype switch tubes (expanded scenario only).
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1999., "sand99-2126/1", and White, B.B.; Guerrero, J.V.; Kuzio, K.A.; Johns, W.H.; March, F.; Schetnan, R.; Bayliss, L.S.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14655380