Evaluating and managing Cold War era historic properties [electronic resource] : the cultural significance of U.S. Air Force defensive radar systems
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Aircraft and later missile radar early warning stations played an important role in the Cold War. They are associated with important technological, social, political, and military themes of the Cold War and are worthy of preservation. The scope and scale of these systems make physical preservation impractical, but the U.S. Air Force program of historical evaluation and documentation of these systems will provide valuable information to future generations studying this historic period.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/ea/cp-98194
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
World Archaeological Conference, Cape Town (ZA), 01/10/1999--01/14/1999.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14656097