Thermal properties and chemical reactivity. [Quarterly report], October--December 1969 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1969. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 36 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- (Explosives are studied.) Impurities in FEFO and relatively pure FEFO fractions are being obtained by preparative gas chromatography. Use of gas chromatography-mass spectrometry to identify the impurities in FEFO was not successful. Gas chromatography analysis of gas samples taken from the coupon test are reported. Analysis from the third compression type coupon test is reported. The LX-09 lost some of its mechanical strength and was a dark purple. Some of the problems of measuring sample temperature in the high pressure DTA are discussed. DTA thermograms at ambient and elevated pressures are reported for FEFO, nitromethane, Na₃PO₄·10 H₂O, and NH₄H₂PO₄.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1969., "mhsmp--69-60f", " sanl--712-005", "DE97009253", Myers, L.C., and Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Co., Inc., Amarillo, TX (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657137