Stress-time profiles, Hugoniot, and shock sensitivity data for 1-GPa shocks in low-density HMX (octogen) explosive [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 10 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Using manganin gauges, plane-wave stress-time profiles were obtained for HMX explosive with 35% voids. Profiles were taken at several sample thicknesses for input stresses near 1 GPa. The objective was to observe the effect of the porosity on the compacting and initiating wave. The character of the initiation build-up is different from that seen in full-density explosives. Profiles in PBX 9404 were taken for comparison. These profiles should provide a good test for 1-D modeling of the compaction and initiation processes. Hugoniot and Pop-plot data for the pour-density HMX are also presented. 10 refs., 8 figs., 2 tabs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Data exchange agreement meeting, Gramat, France, 30 Jun 1986.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657206