AFNOL synthesis. Quarterly report, October--December, 1971 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1972.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Five batches of unplasticized AFNOL, each approximately one pound, were synthesized using 4,4-dinitropimelic acid as the starting material. Two 10 g batches were completed prior to the pound batches to assure the usability of the acid chloride. Characterization of each of the larger batches was by differential thermal analysis (DTA), infrared spectrophotometry (IR), and cure tests. Some characterization was also done on the commercial chemicals used in the synthesis.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Co., Inc., Amarillo, TX (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657231