H.E. formulation. Quarterly report, July--September, 1964 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1964. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Emphasis was placed this quarter on the manufacture of extrudable explosives. This included the recrystallization of PETN which was used to manufacture two batches of LX-02-1 and one batch of RX-02-AK. The materials were examined for composition, extrudability and burning via detonation velocity. Also, a Sunburst and Sunray were performed on the first batch of LX-02 made. Results were all satisfactory except for detonation velocity; some of the channels were yielding somewhat erratic results which could be due either to the test or incomplete mixing. The recrystallization of PETN progressed satisfactorily and the final crystals as viewed under the microscope had the expected appearance.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1964., "mhsmp--64-11a", "DE97008904", Osborn, A.G., and Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Co., Inc., Amarillo, TX (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657565