Thermal growth and mechanical properties of RX-03-BB. Period covered [electronic resource] : January--March 1976. Normal process development endeavor No. 106
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 11 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Heat treatment at 124/sup 0/C for 8 days of TATB powder or RX-03-BB granules was found to give no improvement in the mechanical properties or thermal growth of the subsequently pressed RX-03-BB. The results indicate that prior heat treatment may cause an increase in thermal growth. Strain rate control compression tests for LLL Blend 9 were completed. No significant difference was observed in rupture strain measured with strain rate control (6.7 percent) and the constant crosshead test (6.8 percent).
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/1976., "mhsmp-76-17j", Johnson, H.D., and Mason and Hanger-Silas Mason Co., Inc., Amarillo, Tex. (USA)
View MARC record | catkey: 14657722