Modification of toolmakers' microscope for use in an explosive environment [electronic resource].
- Miamisburg, Ohio : Mound Laboratory, 1975. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 22 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Mound Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A large Leitz Universal Toolmakers' Microscope, Model UWM, was modified for use in an explosive environment defined by the National Electric Code as a rating of Class II, Group G. Use of the explosion-proof (EP) microscope provided a means for dimensionally measuring delicate pressed explosive material without contacting the material and subjecting it to possible contamination and mechanical destruction. Inexpensive design concepts, material, and hardware were used to effect the modifications of explosion-proofing. The accuracy, sensitivity, and repeatability of the Toolmakers' Microscope were not altered by the modification. (auth)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/30/1975., "mlm-2274", and Draut, C.F.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657731