Equation of state for the detonation products of several simple explosives [electronic resource].
- Los Alamos, N.M. : Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1983.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 14 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Effective spherical potentials for N/sub 2/O/sub 2/, NO, CO, and CO/sub 2/ are obtained by fitting to various experimental and calculated quantities. An equation of state for mixtures of these molecules is determined by using ideal mixing and the hard-sphere perturbation theory of Ross. Calculations are then compared with Hugoniot data for N/sub 2/ + O/sub 2/ mixtures and overdriven NO detonations with excellent agreement. Also, the detonation velocities of O/sub 3//O/sub 2/ mixtures, NO, TNM, and HNB were calculated and were found to be in very good agreement with experiment.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur-83-2540
E 1.99: conf-8310148-9
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Los Alamos/CEA high explosives and detonation physics conference, Paris, France, 3 Oct 1983.
Johnson, J.D.; Shaw, M.S.; Holian, B.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657780