Effect of ground motion from nuclear excavation [electronic resource] : interim canal studies
- Livermore, Calif. : Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, 1969.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 44 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The effect of ground motion due to nuclear excavation of a sea-level canal at two alternative routes, 17A and 25E, are discussed from the aspects of motion prediction and structural response. The importance of the high-rise building problem is stressed because of its complexity. Several damage criteria are summarized for advance planning of excavation and operation. The 1964 shot schedule and the latest revised schedule are included for comparison.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucid-17285
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
King, C. Y.; Nadolski, M. E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14657870