North Slope Decision Support for Water Resource Planning and Management [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2013.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- University of Alaska (System)
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The objective of this project was to enhance the water resource decision-making process with respect to oil and gas exploration/production activities on Alaska’s North Slope. To this end, a web-based software tool was developed to allow stakeholders to assemble, evaluate, and communicate relevant information between and amongst themselves. The software, termed North Slope Decision Support System (NSDSS), is a visually-referenced database that provides a platform for running complex natural system, planning, and optimization models. The NSDSS design was based upon community input garnered during a series of stakeholder workshops, and the end product software is freely available to all stakeholders via the project website. The tool now resides on servers hosted by the UAF Water and Environmental Research Center, and will remain accessible and free-of-charge for all interested stakeholders. The development of the tool fostered new advances in the area of data evaluation and decision support technologies, and the finished product is envisioned to enhance water resource planning activities on Alaska’s North Slope.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Schnabel, William; Brumbelow, Kelly.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14658241