Ignitability testing of the no-flow push bit [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 17 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Testing will determine if an ignition occurs during the drop of a Universal Sampler onto a push-mode bit in a flammable gas environment. Ten drops each of the sampler using both a push-mode and rotary mode insert onto a push-mode bit will be completed. If an ignition does not occur under the conditions set forth in this test, then a satisfactory level of confidence will be obtained which would allow field operations using these inserts and drill bit.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/20/1996., "whc-sd-wm-tp--510", "DE98058505", "EW3120074", and Witwer, K.S., Westinghouse Hanford.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14659105