D. O. E. Eastern Gas Shale Project. Quarterly report of technical progress, April--June 1978 [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1978.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 3 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Penetration and Show Map (Task 3200-1-2) and the Drilling Depth Map (Task 3200-5-3) both at a scale of 1:250,000 have been accepted by DOE, Morgantown, WV and are currently on open file. Eight stratigraphic cross sections (Task 2100-1-1) have been completed and camera ready copies sent to DOE, Margantown, WV. The final stratigraphic cross section has been completed, but the final copy has not yet been sent to DOE. A structure Map on Top of the Onondaga Group at a scale of 1:250,000 had to be redone because of errors found while constructing a similar map at a scale of 1:1,000,000. This 1:250,000 scale map has been completed and is awaiting drafting. Data collection for the 1:1,000,000 maps has been completed and most of the maps have been constructed. The breakdown of these maps is as follows: thirty-four Isopach Maps (Task 2100-1-2) have been completed; six Structure Maps (Task 2100-2-1) have been completed; and thirty-five Lithofacies Maps (Task 2100-3-1) have been completed. Eleven lithofacies maps have yet to be constructed. Three college students were hired in June to encode the data collected during this project. The encoding is 67% complete. Dalays in delivery of products have been due to problems which resulted from lack of drafting formats for the cross sections and maps from DOE. Drafting and reproduction of the Structure Map on Top of the Onondaga Group at a scale of 1:250,000 was put off until the cross sections and the Isopach, Structue, and Lithofacies Maps at a scale of 1:1,000,000 are completed. All other work is on schedule.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Harper, J.A.; Piotrowski, R.G.
Pennsylvania Dept. of Environmental Resources, Harrisburg (USA). Bureau of Topographic and Geologic Survey
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14659987